Life has taken hold, which means that the 30 days of creativity, whilst not over entirely, will rest until free weekends give way to more time. So instead, more thankfulness…
1. Charlie’s Taqueria in San Mateo. This place is authentico, folks. Yum-my. And the fact that the Latina girls I work with approve of it, well that’s enough validity in my book. My favorite, today I officially programmed the number into my phone so that I’d stop having to look it up. Bam.
3. Neighbors. Still. Always. Forever.
4. Words With Friends. Am I a word nerd? Absolutely – and proud of it.
5. Thanksgiving in T-8 days; the cousins are cooking the meal this year which only means one thing: MFT! My first turkey. See ya.
6. The mister – a post wouldn’t be complete without mention of the HBH (Hot Black Husband). [Side note: apparently I often refer to him as this – I mean, wouldn’t you? But so much so that after school today, I was hanging out with some of the high school girls I work with; I mentioned James, and Irene, one of the girls, said, “Oh, you mean your Hot Black Husband?” I’m glad to see it’s become an everyday part of her vocabulary as well.]
7. Fresh food. I’m talking fresh basil, tomatoes (which I’m still finding), mozzarella, olive oil and vinegar, salt and pepper. Yum. Drool.
8. And finally, the fact that Hypercolor t-shirts are no longer “in” anymore. Praise the Lordy!
What are you giving thanks for this day?0