This weekend, in no particular order, I noncommittally plan to do all or none of the following:
1. Read this book:
Because the Sassy Ladies Book Club is discussing it next week. And I haven’t read it since I taught it ten years ago. AND, of course, Harper Lee’s much-anticipated Go Set a Watchman comes out in July.
2. Most likely watch Frodo move from scooting to officially crawling. (This, otherwise known as Life, As We Know It, Is Officially Over).
3. Find a mountain. Hike said mountain.
4. Host a neighborhood front-yard BBQ on Memorial Day.
5. Go swimming with this dude:
6. Walk two blocks up Wesley and three blocks down MacArthur to the Farmer’s Market. Buy lettuce and Heirloom tomatoes, strawberries and cherries, asparagus (because it makes you a Super Duper Hopper, according to Cancan), broccoli and kale.
7. See some of My People.
8. Keep the laptop closed. Ain’t no need for technology this weekend.
9. Set up my Mother’s Day present:
(And, get proof of my bad sleeping habits. Also automatically become an incredibly fast runner and super stretcher, as evidenced by the woman in the above picture).
10. Visit the chickens in our neighbors’ backyard, including one Cancan has named “Here Chicky Chicky.” Actually, I think they’re all named “Here, Chicky Chicky,” but neither party seems to be offended by the lack of originality.
11. And really, really exciting: Find and install closet organizational systems so we can also officially unpack the rest of our moving boxes.
What about you? Are you staying close to home or trekking faraway for 3-day weekend adventures? Also, feel free to leave your best advice for talking the HBH out of seeking closet organizational systems this weekend.
*Full disclosure: Above post contains Amazon Affiliate links.