We interrupt the normal flow of heart-rendering, faith-pumping, absolutely, positively hilarious creative Cara-writing to bring you be, mama. be’s 5 that just might change your life. Without further adieu, might I present…
1. This book: The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
I love the expression captured on this week’s vlog; it’s rather Whatchu talkin’ ’bout Willis? meets Oh really now meets Wahhh-wahhhhh.
2. Coconut chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. You’re welcome. Original recipe here.
Minus: rice syrup, barley malt and orange extract.
Plus: applesauce (in lieu of above syrup & malt), and solely for health purposes, chocolate chips.
3. These pants that I just bought on a whim from a private CAbi event – actually, let me clarify: I showed up to the CAbi-fllled house 12 hours after the party actually happened, so I didn’t exactly get an invitation. Instead, I intended to enter into a day with my Lectio Divina girls, but instead found retail therapy a necessary distraction from the week’s break-in festivities. Friends, they fit like buttah, just sayin’. And I suppose they kind of look like it, too.
4. Grout scrubber. I know, first a CAbi party, and now grout scrubber. I really am old. But when you’ve wondered how many renters the grime in between the cracks of the bathroom floor have represented, and after you’ve chosen to hire a babysitter instead of a housekeeper, these things happen. And the best part about said grout scrub? It was passed down to me by a little old lady from church, only after she’d come to our house for lunch. No further comment, your honor.
5. This video, in its brilliant and brave embrace of sadness in the age of our can’t-live-without smartphones:
I couldn’t agree more. Louis C.K., I know I’m just now now meeting you, but I’m a fan.
That’s it! So, don’t be a lurker: what’s changing your life? Which of these five might you grab and hold onto for dear life?