I was determined to work as hard as I had to so that come 8 am on Wednesday, June 27th, I could officially not respond, think about, worry about, “own,” or be pre-occupied with any work thoughts. And it’s mostly worked – it’s just my own inability to all the way let go and enter into relaxation mode before Lil’ Caramel arrives that gets in the way. My one goal was this: to not make any to-do lists, or feel like I had to accomplish anything, but instead to just see where the spirit of “vacation” takes me. (Note, I put “vacation” in quotes, because it is kind of-mostly-sort of like that, at least until labor starts …right?). So what have I then found myself doing over the past three days? Here we go:
1. Watching season 1 and 2 of Downton Abbey. I am terribly disappointed that I’ll have to wait until January to see season 3.
2. Watching the Giants play (in the comfort of my living room, of course). Don’t worry – I’m not that big of a fan that I watch it without the hubs around, although I know some of you wouldn’t mind that.
3. Fro-yo eating.
4. Walks. Let’s get him OUT!
5. Nailing down a pediatrician. Yes, this was supposed to happen at 28 weeks. Shhh.
6. Watching the Justin Bieber special on E. You should see James dance alongside the Biebs (while tears of all the 12 year olds otherwise overwhelm the screen).
7. Reading Secrets of the Baby Whisperer and The Gifts of Imperfection. Both are fabulous.
8. Cooking, sometimes. Letting the husband cook too.
9. Playing Words With Friends.
10. Playing more Words With Friends.
11. Finding more ways to help get the baby out – one, as my friend Tina pointed out, only the hubs can help out with.
12. Phone dates.
13. Hanging pictures up on the wall that haven’t been hung for the past 3 months.
15. Brainlessly browsing Facebook and Instagram alike – I really wish this wasn’t even on the list.
16. Painting a base coat on an old picture frame that I want to hang in Baby’s room…and then realizing that the sheet underneath (the beautiful table…) was too thin and the paint was seeping through. Our table now has incredible scratches from me trying to get it out – I suppose it officially turns the house into a home?
That is all for now – because there need not be more, AND the hubs just placed dinner in front of me!