First of all, happy halloween! Is it somewhat nerdy (or a little creeper-ish) to LOVE looking forward to seeing all the fun pictures posted on Facebook and the blogosphere for this holiday? True, true. What are you doing this spooky eve?
Second of all, I’d like to present to all 3 of you readers what’ll be coming starting tomorrow: 30 days of creativity. From wanting to participate in NaNoWriMo, to seeing old friends like My Stubborn Little Miss do a month-long dedication (to Downs Syndrome, no less), to just loving a personal challenge, I’m stepping forward in creativity.
The 30 such posts will involve but not be limited to:
1. DIY projects (uh, duh)
3. Music (will I actually succeed in posting a song on here? Dun dun dun…)
5. Other such creative activities that I will justify and thus label as creative.
As all three of you well know, it’s like there’s this inner part of me that’s just come ALIVE from doing these little projects – and, truth be told, I think every single one of us possesses this inner “part” that we haven’t tapped into. Technology, as great as it is, has also resulted in sucking the life out of us – so back to the basics it is!
Here then are my other rules I’ve come up with, as in giddiness and excitement, I haven’t been able to fall asleep right away because I’ve been so darn excited to create:
1. On a normal day, don’t spend more than an hour a day on such creativity; you still have a husband and a full-time job and a dog and are in school part time.
2. Don’t beat yourself up if you don’t make it one day.
3. Have fun.
4. Don’t be a hoarder – nobody likes that TV show. Give it away, give it away now.
5. Come alive.
So, who wants to join? 30 days of creativity, here we come!0