I just got back from having spent the month away, working at a Young Life camp. It was a great month – don’t get me wrong – but as the newness wore off, I started missing the little things. Here follows are the little things back in the Bay that I mused over…
1. heirloom tomatos.
2. a crisp glass of chardonnay.
3. a dog who greets you with the utmost of joy and happiness and giddiness and excitement – and mmm, doesn’t it just make you feel good?
4. my books (i had so little time at oakbridge to read, and when I did have time, my brain was spent and I just needed to rest…).
8. fresh basil.
9. fresh rosemary, plucked from the side of the yard. I wonder if the neighbors even notice.
11. whole foods.
12. my neighbors.
13. our neighborhood dog park every morning at 9.
14. the gym. believe it or not.
15. my bed.
16. hosting friends.
17. my church peeps.
18. cloud covering. just a little.
19. hot showers.
20. a husband all to myself.
Glad to be home. For a bit.0